November 24, 2009

My luv since a long time...

Let me recall the first time I actually started liking dogs.I think I was bout 6-7 years old when I first met Gypsy.He was my uncle's neighbour's dog and I used to keep seeing this pomeranian barking and running around.I used to enjoy watching him play and gradually I went ahead to ask the aunty if I can touch him and play with him.He turned out to be friendly,I am sure if he wasnt then I wouldn have gone near any other dog.i used to find excuses to go to my aunt's place just so that I can jump into my neighbour's compound to go meet gypsy.
Time passed and one day I heard that he died, I was in Saudi then.


It was always a dream to own a dog of my own and take care of it.It was in 11th standard that I finally got home a 35 day old Dobermann Pinscher.He was red and tan,not the usual black and tan.I had named him Spike and he was the best.He was very obedient and damn cute.Unfortunately I dont have any pics of him.When he was 4 months old he started to get a little on the ferocious side.Even if my mom or grandmum shouts at him he used to snarl back and get into the attacking position.I had to get down from my room to make him listen or to even tie him up.It was getting difficult when he refused to shit/piss outside when I used to take him out for a walk.He had to do it in the terrace.His aggressiveness was not very welcome esp when talks like if I am not at home grandma wont be able to handle him.He used to bark non stop if guests were at home even when he was tied up in the terrace.His senses were that sharp,ofcourse he is a Doberman! One day with great difficulty and pain we decided to give him away to a breeder.It was a very emotional day and even my grandmum held him with tears rolling down.We gave him away and that day itself we thought we'll bring home a more mature dog that can be handled.

Me and My mum fell in luv with a very obedient Golden Retriever.He was about 1 year old and totally trained.He was no replacement to Spike but we brought him home.He was a great dog.He would do his business only if he is taken out for a walk,which lead to the next problem.I had horrible timings back in Puc,I used to leave home at 6 and return at 6.Till then he wouldnt dirty anywhere.I was making it very uncomfortable for him to hold his nature calls for a straight 12 hours.I couldnt do anythin to my timings and there was no one at home one particular week.I was very upset and didnt want him to suffer in this manner.I gave him away too and requested the breeder to place him in a good home.I didnt want anything in return.Bruno,he was called.Wish I didnt have to give him off that day.I really wish I hadnt done that.Its been a regret.



Miss you Bruno..



That day I decided that I will own a dog when I have the time for it.I will make time for it when I am settled in my job.I feel really helpless when I go for these dog shows and cant bring a pup home.If I bring home a dog I want to give it my time.

I am particularly in luv with Rottweilers and Dobermanns.Boxers too,there is something bout these tail-less dogs.



(Pic: With the Dobermann Pinscher)



I have been in luv with the Rottweiler breed for 5-6 years now and thats going to be the dog I will pick up one day even if I have to pay 30k.The wait will be long but I will pick up a Rottweiler pup once I am settled in life.




(PIc : Rottweiler )