November 25, 2010

Sick Leave.. Guzaarish!

I have been sick from the past 2 days, the usual throat pain and cough. Sometimes even slight wheezing. When I am sick , I like to sleep and do nothing productive. I have no interest to even attend the college main fest starting from tomorrow. After seeing Utsav, I know UPES CANT beat that standard. Secondly I am lazy, I might as well relax in my room than run around from morning to late evening trying to catch a glimpse of all the events taking place. When I have a day off I keep thinking about how different life is here and how much it has changed right from the time I left Bangalore. There is no more roaming around on Brigade road, eating all the junk possible, the numerous movies I used to go for, argue with the Auto rickshaw guy when he demands 1 and a half meter, my super cool gym in the evening I used to hate missing. Here I have accepted and got adjusted to the bare minimum and now I dont even complain. Life during Btech years were different and they were good. We had no tension of completing assignments, appearing for the Internal test every month, attendance, etc. Here mind is so preoccupied with all this that there is no day off and I cant ignore any of it as I am sure there will be consequences.

I got my end sem exams in less than a month and the tension is mounting day by day. The need to do well is finally in the head and its making me more cranky and at times I lose my temper so fast. I always keep looking forward to the good things in life, like after my exams I am going home for 10 days. I know thats not enough but I dont think I have a choice either.

Life is pretty monotonous, I must say. There is no more excitement involved and the interest to do something different has died in me. Maybe its the course structured in such a manner that there is no room for thought process. This time I picked up a small 'Learn yourself - German' book and I have been trying to read through a few pages on a daily basis. This continued for 3 days and then soon we had this shit load of assignments and tests lined up for next week I decided I will resume it during my holiday break while I am at home and have nothing much to do during post lunch hours. I need to brush up on my basics too, I am hopeful to find time for the same.

I'll move on to the Movie review section.

Guzaarish : Genuinely good movie. By watching the promos it might look like a boring dull movie and you might be doubtful as this time Hrithik ain't doing any dance. Still must watch the movie for the well depicted storyline.

Rating : 4/5