December 3, 2010

Keep Flock'in...

Thats the tag line for the latest internet browser. Its called Flock, initially introduced for the Mac and now moved on to Windows. I am thoroughly bored of Mozilla and I gave up the internet explorer long back. Chrome by google is still way better. Rockmelt that was introduced a while ago is like chrome itself but its got more focus on how to stay hooked to Facebook all the time. Flock on the other hand decided to merge more than just facebook into the whole Chrome type layout. The tabs are a little more sharper than chrome though. So yeah, I was telling about the merging factor. Flock has got Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Youtube, Linkedin, etc. You can sign into them simultaneously and have them pop out in every corner as sidetabs. I forgot my Twitter password and nothing exciting is happening on Flickr so I signed up only for facebook. Must say its pretty convenient and the browser has no major hiccups as yet. I have been using it from the past 2-3 days and so far so good. Some change is good and necessary, like I always say.

Everyone is on Facebook, every tom dick and harry. The excitement has finally died. Now you'll be shocked if someone says they are not on Facebook. You'll be like 'Are you a part of this world!?' Right from the kid who's learnt what a computer is and can move the mouse to people who have crossed the 60 age mark is on the social networking site. I am still under the general notion that its meant for one to keep in touch with friends. I dont like the idea where relatives get together and have a chat on fb or post on each other's wall. That's so lame. Its my perspective. I am sure my parents dont think they way I do. I have my own thoughts and so I have restricted my profile to my friends. Initially I used to keep getting requests on fb from Cousins, I knew then that everyone's getting hooked to this new fascination. I got off Fb once and then re-joined. At one point of time I had started deleting people from my list I know randomly. When I say randomly I mean the ones from school with whom I've never had a conversation as such but just know that he/she exists. I did that for a while, removing people from the list. Later it became a pain when I realised that I have to got through close to 750 of them in my list. I gave up immediately.

Now FB is boring as hell. Interest to chat aint there anymore, moment I click on it there are about 50 odd people in there. How many do I chat with at one point of time?! MAdness! Hoping something new comes up soon in the web world.

Oh I got a new fascination, my phone. After my Nokia Express music started giving me trouble with the network and the battery back up I shifted to something much cheaper. Blackberry! Cops in the city used to use this for giving the bikers a bill. I have seen it in the hands of only businessmen before and even heard that its meant to make business easier. So finally when this fell in my hands, I was not too sure if I'd like it. It was more like a replacement to my dead Nokia. QWERTY keypad , I wasnt used to it. I knew for sure that I cant type like old times, fast.. Very fast. With time I've gotten used to it and I am at a moderate typing speed. I like every bit of the phone now and trust me Nokia is like piece of crap when in comparison to the Blackberry Operating system. It hasnt hung even once unlike the Nokia which used to catch like a fever every now and then. BB internet/messemger and email service is outstanding.

Presently with every emotion running within me I take an oath to be a loyal customer to Blackberry and never go back to Nokia again. Its either the BB or the Iphone next. Nothing else will do. I still dont have fascination for the Iphone but the Macbook..Drool Drool ;)

Movie Review :

Takers : 3.85/5 ; Pretty good stuff but the whole concept ain't new. Its the usual Million dollar robbery. Good nigga english, always enjoy their talk. The guy from 'Eight Below' and '2 Fast 2 Furious', dont know his name but yeah decent job!

17 days for exam, so I'll get back to my books. Until the next time some thought rushes into my head.


Sayonara.