October 18, 2010

Black Pepper

The week long marathon has finally come to an end.
6 days , 6 papers and 100 marks each. I thought VTU was bad, this is like the worst ever. Especially when all the papers have questions that you have totally no clue about. Its a big pain when questions are not handpicked from the text book, its not the usual mugging and vomiting theory/sums like how I did in Btech. Its way tougher and I realised that I should have spent more time reading concepts that would stay for longer in my head than just for a 3 hr paper. All previous memory has been erased by default and now I am just tugging along trying to remember all the matter that is necessary for the next two years.

Anyways after I was done with my exams I had been to this restaurant called Black Pepper on Rajpur rd, Dehradun. I dont have a pic of the dishes we ordered nor do I have a pic of the interior. All I can do is paste a copy I found online, thanks to Google Images. So we had this awesome Rogan gosht ( Mutton ) with Roti followed by a Chicken Biriyani. The former was out of the world, I havent had something even slightly close to the Mutton curry in years. Biriyani I would say is ok, not the typical Andhra style you get back in the south and the one I am so used to. Still aww about it. Price was pretty reasonable considering its the best in the city, atleast thats what I'v heard. I would definitely go back here.




Image source : Google Images

Ambience : 4/5
Taste : 4.75/5
Service : 3.75/5
Price : About Rs. 275/-